Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bag-a-holic Adventures : Leilanie's House of Bags

The pink "Birkin" thats sits at the entrance to Leilanie's House of Bags
After reading reviews of the recently opened Leilanie's House of Bags - this bag hag had to see for herself.  There were mixed reviews regarding the facade, the interior and of course the merchandise- bags, bags, and even more bags.
So I dragged my DD along.  She is so used to seeing bags with me. When we arrived, there was no parking available.   I turned the car around, thinking maybe another day.  But as I approached a car was leaving - Yey! I hastily got the parking slot.  As  I parked my "bag sense" were tingling all over.  I was a tad bit excited.  As I entered I could smell a hint of leather from all the eye candy inside their gold gilded cages.
Hermes bags waiting to be "adopted". (Sigh)
There were throws of bags in the 1st floor -- Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Chanel, Gucci, Coach, Fendi. Some pre-owned, unused, or brand new. Prices were reasonable for the pre-owned   There were some "questionable" bags though -- for one thing I am aware that LV never puts any kind of plastic covering on the handles of the bags.  There were bags with cling wrap - to protect the handles from further weathering, maybe. But these I have no idea ---
The second floor housed clothes, shoes, and some Longchamp totes.  Tsk, tsk - mixing the ultra luxe, with tacky.  The store should have been consistent in its message.
While the third floor had cheap China made toys that were a tad bit over-priced.  And Leilanie's own bags -- carrying the brand name Leilanie, I was not impressed.  Many of the bags had an "inspired" look.  A lot of them had an uncanny resemblance to Chanel, Balenciaga or Longchamp -
Longchamp inspired much?

I will have to visit again.  To thoroughly check the bags for signs of "authenticity" And I don't get why she labels authentic bags on her website as "ORIGINAL" (note the quotation marks) What does "ORIGINAL" mean -- what do the quotation marks mean? Eh? Mysterious...

So far -- I was not floored as I was expecting to be.  A lot of room for improvement.
You may visit their store:

Parañaque, Philippines, 1720.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment